Houston, TX 77035
Supply Chain Specialist
At Solugen, we believe planet-scale change starts with the chemistry we use every day. So we’ve built the world’s first carbon negative molecule factory. Fusing biology with chemistry and technology to make the materials we need to sustain life on Earth.
Solugen, Inc. is a revolutionary product and technology company seeking to use biology to transform the chemicals industry. Solugen was founded in 2016 and is a post-Series C venture-backed biotechnology company supported by renowned venture capital firms including Founders Fund, FiftyYears, Refactor, Y Combinator, Temasek, GIC, and Baillie-Gifford. Located in Houston, Texas, Solugen currently has 100+ full time employees.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Specialist Manager, this individual will be responsible for assisting with coordinating and prioritizing the flow of retail and wholesale sales orders through Solugen manufacturing facilities and direct shipment distribution channels. The candidate must be able to perform within the department responsible for the creation and maintenance of the sales order schedule in response to customer needs. This role will communicate heavily with procurement, sourcing, logistics, sales, and operations on the status of sales orders. This individual will be assisting in responsibilities for ensuring all data in sales orders is correct and processed in a timely manner to hand off to accounting.
- Responsible for providing effective customer service within the department responsible for the life cycle of sales orders and delivery schedules
- Communicate with effectively with customers and team members regarding any deviation to the agreed upon customer delivery dates
- Ensure sales order related item receipts and item fulfillments are completed with required documentation in a timely manner.
- Fields customer questions and complaints; when the issue is beyond the representative’s knowledge, forwards to the assigned specialist or other appropriate staff.
- Commitment to safe workplace goals and practices that ensure operational integrity, including compliance with all regulatory policies and procedures.
- Attention to detail and organization, with a thorough understanding of company products and capabilities.
- Collect and enter orders for new or additional products or services.
- Maintain customer accounts and records of customer interactions with details of inquiries, complaints, or comments.
- Ensures that appropriate actions are taken to resolve customers’ problems and concerns.
- Proficiency with Office products as well as online communication and work management platforms.
- Other duties as assigned by the Supply Chain Specialist Manager.
- Ask a lot of questions, be curious, and have insights into your work.
- Be nimble, embrace the speed and ambiguity of startup culture.
- A passion for green chemistry and fighting climate change.
- Ability to self-manage and set your own priorities and schedule.
- Be comfortable working in multiple roles.
- Emphasize safety above all else.
- Respect for others.
- Creative problem solving.
- Willingness to learn and research new engineering/science concepts.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1-year previous customer service experience in supply chain required. Previous experience with chemicals is preferred.
- Working knowledge of BOLs, Freight Bills, SDSs and other standard freight documentation preferred.
- Excellent communication skills including active listening.
- Service-oriented and able to resolve customer grievances.
- Proficient computer skills with the ability to learn new software.
Solugen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.