Slaton, TX 79364
Logistics Coordinator I
Solugen, Inc. is a revolutionary technology company seeking to use biology to transform the chemicals industry. Solugen was founded in 2016 and is a post-Series C venture-backed startup company supported by renowned venture capital firms including Founders Fund, Fifty Years, Refactor, and Y Combinator. Located in Houston, Texas, Solugen is currently scaling up its manufacturing facility to use its chemoenzymatic process to manufacture bio-based chemistries for water treatment, agriculture, and personal care. Solugen currently has 175+ full time employees.
Reporting to the Logistics Manager and the Slaton Plant and Operations Managers. This individual will be responsible for the execution of movements of Solugen’s inbound purchase orders and outbound sales orders for the Slaton facility. The candidate will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of the logistics schedule in response to customer needs. This role will communicate heavily with procurement, sourcing, sales, and operations on the status of shipments.
● Works with Customer Service/Procurement/Operations departments to identify and schedule shipments
● Monitor inbound/outbound shipments and provide status updates to internal/external customers as needed
● Assist with the coordination and timely scheduling of material shipped directly from suppliers and Solugen’s warehouses to customer jobsites
● Update NetSuite appropriately to drive accuracy on Logistics shipping costs
● Other duties as assigned by the Logistics Manager or Slaton plant and Operations manager
● Ask a lot of questions, be curious, and have insights into your work
● Be nimble, embrace the speed and ambiguity of startup culture
● A passion for green chemistry and fighting climate change
● Ability to self-manage and set your own priorities and schedule
● Be comfortable working in multiple roles
● Emphasize safety above all else
● Respect for others
● Creative problem solving
● Willingness to learn and research new engineering/science concepts
● Flexibility in schedule as this will require to work on occasional weekends
● High school diploma or equivalent GED with 1 year relevant work experience
● Working knowledge of BOL’s, Freight Bills, SDS’s and other standard freight documentation
● Display computer literacy in shipping software tools and Microsoft Office
● Strong verbal, communication, and interpersonal skills
Solugen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.