14549 Minetta St., Houston TX 77035
Operations Training Coordinator
At Solugen, we believe planet-scale change starts with the chemistry we use every day. So we’ve built the world’s first carbon negative molecule factory. Fusing biology with chemistry and technology to make the materials we need to sustain life on Earth.
Solugen, Inc. is a revolutionary product and technology company seeking to use biology to transform the chemicals industry. Solugen was founded in 2016 and is a post-Series C venture-backed biotechnology company supported by renowned venture capital firms including Founders Fund, FiftyYears, Refactor, Y Combinator, Temasek, GIC, and Baillie-Gifford. Located in Houston, Texas, Solugen currently has 100+ full time employees.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, this individual will develop, maintain and administer the operator training program for the Bioforge. Longer term this individual will be responsible for developing and delivering the curriculum for the Minetta Training Academy which will teach operators for future Bioforges and blending facilities.
- Attention to detail and organization.
- Good communication, negotiation, leadership, and project management skills with the desire to further develop these skills as the company grows.
- Commitment to safe workplace goals and practices that ensure operational integrity, including compliance with all regulatory policies and procedures.
- Comfortable following safety protocols and wearing personal protective equipment—including hard hats, gloves, earplugs, and respirators--in work zones.
- Good familiarity with Office products as well as a general level of comfort with online communication and work management platforms such as Dropbox, Google Doc, and Slack.
- Basic understanding of project scheduling software (e.g. Microsoft Project, Primavera)
- Analytical approach to problem solving, with a focus on managing a team environment with attention to results and a sense of urgency.
- Competent in plant control systems (Allen Bradley preferred)
- Be nimble, embrace the speed and ambiguity of startup culture.
- A passion for green chemistry and fighting climate change.
- Ability to self-manage and set your own priorities and schedule.
- Be comfortable working in multiple roles.
- Emphasize safety above all else.
- Respect for others.
- Creative problem solving.
HS Diploma/GED Equivalent. 20+ years operations experience, at least 5 years working as an Operations Trainer or Training Coordinator.
Solugen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.