Solugen, Inc. is commercializing an enzymatic process to co-manufacture hydrogen peroxide and organic acids from biobased feedstocks. Solugen was founded in 2016 and is a post-Series A venture-backed startup company located in Houston, Texas. Solugen is scaling up its manufacturing process on five acres of manufacturing space with a 65,000 square foot facility containing 10,000 square feet of office and lab space. Solugen currently has 50+ full time employees.
The Recruiter will research and attract a diverse pool of qualified and capable talent for the organization. The incumbent will use resources to engage and foster relationships that increase employer brand awareness and assist the Talent Acquisition Manager with metrics and recruitment plans.
- After a period of three (3) months, establish a good working relationship with hiring managers leading to clear ownership of steps in the flow of the Solugen recruitment process.
- By six (6) months able to identify good potential (A players) candidates for technical roles.
- By six (6) months deliver a smooth candidate experience. The candidate experience is based on candidate completed candidate feedback surveys.
- Increase our technical talent pool by 25% within six (6) months.
- Work the Talent Acquisition Manager and internal Designer team to establish our employer brand on social media by June 2022.
- Over a period of 1 year the Technical Recruiter will contribute to the decreased use of agency by at least 50%.
Responsibilities to accomplish outcomes:
- Serve as full-cycle Recruiter with primary focus on the technical, technology and operational areas.
- Collaborates with hiring managers to understand the need of the open roles, reviews job descriptions for vacancies, and future talent need.
- Source potential candidates for current openings as well as build a pipeline of talent for key areas of the organization.
- Assists with the interview process, attending and conducting interviews with managers, directors, and other stakeholders.
- Assists with the development and revision of specifications and job descriptions for selected positions.
- Identifies appropriate candidates and assesses their qualifications through review of their resumes, interviews, and other forms of communications.
- Oversees the preparation of interviews: scheduling, interview questions and other hiring and selection materials.
- Initiate and participate in interview feedback sessions to identify best fit candidates.
- Drafts recruitment advertisements: posts and/or places ads in the most effective digital and/or print media for open positions.
- Partners with third party agencies to present talent for specified roles.
- Maintains contact with candidates to keep them apprised of the status of their applications.
- Assist with completion of pre-employment task for potential employees.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent people skills.
- Thorough understanding of technology, technical roles and technical skills.
- Thorough understanding of recruiting methods and best practices, as well as applicable policies and federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Ability to be nimble with a willingness to embrace the speed and ambiguity of startup culture
- Passion for green chemistry and fighting climate change
- Comfort working in multiple roles
- Ability to self-manage and set priorities and schedule
- Creative problem-solving nature
- Appreciation and emphasis for safety above all
- Respect for others
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent work experience, required.
- At least 3 years of full-cycle recruitment experience
- 1 year of agency experience is desired
- Experience sourcing for life sciences and engineering roles is highly preferred.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred.
- SHRM’s Talent Acquisition Specialty Credential a plus.
Solugen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.