14549 Minetta St., Houston TX 77035
Information Technology Analyst
Solugen, Inc. is a revolutionary technology company seeking to use biology to transform the chemicals industry. Solugen was founded in 2016 and is a post-Series B venture-backed startup company supported by renowned venture capital firms including Founders Fund, Fifty Years, Refactor, and Y Combinator. Located in Houston, Texas, Solugen is currently scaling up its manufacturing facility to use its chemienzymatic process to manufacture biobased chemistries for water treatment, agriculture, and personal care. Solugen currently has 90+ full time employees.
Solugen’s mission is to decarbonize chemicals manufacturing. As a first step, Solugen is building a 10,000 tpy first commercial plant with the potential to offset up to 37,000 tpy of carbon dioxide equivalents. This role will directly support Solugen’s mission by identifying and bringing forth technology infrastructure and solutions to propel the company forward. The candidate will have plenty of daily tasks to keep IT busy, but the most effective analysts will understand and focus on, with support from his/her manager, what will most help the business to meet its key objectives. This person must have technical expertise to support the company IT infrastructure, cyber security initiatives, and end users with basic application support issues. The IT analyst is expected to be a liaison between the Solugen’s Managed Service Provider (MSP) and the business users. The IT analyst will provide hands on support to the business users as well as identifying needs and making recommendations of solutions.
- Have hands-on IT support experience – including management of IT environments, IT applications, IT security and emerging fields like artificial intelligence and the Internet of Things
- Proactively identify issues and improvement opportunities – think through and provide suggestions for solving issues and improving processes
- Continuously be learning – be able to step outside his/her comfort zone regularly and learn new skills to bring to bear on the job
- Proactively establish relationships across the organization – be the first to make contact and listen to the needs of end users to help improve their experience with technology
- Have a full awareness and support for our health and safety programs – demonstrate by volunteering for related projects/presentations and vocalize your support in appropriate settings
- Ask a lot of questions, be curious, and have insights into your work.
- Be nimble, embrace the speed and ambiguity of startup culture.
- A passion for green chemistry and fighting climate change.
- Ability to self-manage and set your own priorities and schedule.
- Be comfortable working in multiple roles.
- Emphasize safety above all else.
- Respect for others.
- Creative problem solving.
- Willingness to learn and research new information technology/engineering/science concepts.
- Demonstrated technical abilities in managing IT networks, environment, security, and other areas – show explicit examples of work history
- Bachelors in a computing related discipline and/or certificates from major software/hardware providers showing mastery of specific technology
- Demonstrated history of effectively managing self and small project teams with 3rd party contractors
- Demonstrated experience working with managed service providers.
- Experience with: