14549 Minetta St.
Houston TX 77035
Process Technician (Outside Operator)
Solugen, Inc. is commercializing an enzymatic process to co-manufacture hydrogen peroxide and organic acids from biobased feedstocks. Solugen was founded in 2016 and is a post-Series A venture-backed startup company located in Houston, Texas. Solugen is scaling up its manufacturing process on five acres of manufacturing space with a 65,000 square foot facility containing 10,000 square feet of office and lab space. Solugen currently has 100+ full time employees.
The Outside operator reports to the Ops/HSE Lead and works with the Board and Blending Process Technicians. It is responsible to make sure all outside tasks are carried out to safely operate the EOR, MOR, MVR, utilities and the blending unit.
This position is located in Houston, Texas.
- Assist the board operator to operate the following units: EOR, MOR, MVR, Utilities and Blending Unit which includes, but not limited:
- o Start-up
- Normal Operation
- Emergency shutdown
- Execute the outside function, but not limited:
- Unit rounds
- Product loading
- Raw material unloading
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to lead people
- Process safety oriented
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Ability to walk lines.
- Ability to work with HMI stations.
- Ability to be nimble with a willingness to embrace the speed and ambiguity of startup culture
- Passion for green chemistry and fighting climate change
- Comfort working in multiple roles
- Ability to self-manage and set priorities and schedule
- Creative problem-solving nature
- Appreciation and emphasis for safety above all else
- Respect for others
- 5 year minimum demonstrated chemical process operation required.
- Demonstrated outside chemical process experience required.
- Demonstrated knowledge on process units of operation required.
- Fork lift operation required.
- High School diploma required.
- Process Tech degree preferred.
- Demonstrated mechanical ability preferred.
- Operational discipline knowledge preferred.