Houston, TX 77035
Associate Executive Administrative Assistant
At Solugen, we believe planet-scale change starts with the chemistry we use every day. So, we’ve built the world’s first carbon negative molecule factory. Fusing biology with chemistry and technology to make the materials we need to sustain life on Earth. Solugen, Inc. is a revolutionary product and technology company seeking to use biology to transform the chemicals industry. Solugen was founded in 2016 and is a post-Series D venture-backed biotechnology company supported by renowned venture capital firms including Founders Fund, FiftyYears, Refactor, Y Combinator, Temasek, GIC, and Baillie-Gifford. Located in Houston, Texas, Solugen has recently started-up a first-of-its-kind carbon-negative manufacturing facility-The BioforgeTM-that uses a novel chemoenzymatic technology to manufacture bio-based chemistries for a wide range of applications including water treatment, agriculture, personal care, and other applications. Solugen currently has 175+ full time employees.
Reporting directly to the Senior Executive Assistant, the Associate Executive Administrative Assistant will provide high-level administrative support to the Chief Commercial Officer (CCO), and the Commercial Leadership Team (CLT). This role will work closely with our executives and oversee day to day operations; coordinate and schedule meetings on their behalf, heavy travel coordination and expense reporting. Process purchase orders, coordinate special events, prepare reports, and organize meeting materials. Acts as the point of contact between executives and internal and external colleagues. To be successful in this role, candidates should be professional, proactive, take initiative, forward thinker, work strategically, have a willing, can do attitude.
Under the direction of the senior EA, this role will be assigned to the CCO and CLT to successfully complete a wide variety of high level administrative tasks that facilitate the Executive’s ability to effectively lead the organization. This includes:
● Preparing agenda, information for meetings with staff and external parties
● Heavy scheduling; manage constantly changing calendars to maximize efficiency of the team.
● Works closely with Executives to keep them informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
● Coordinate and manage high-volume, extensive travel arrangements and detailed itineraries for the department (domestic and international), including flights, hotels, meals, car service, international visas and invitation letter etc.
● Prepare and submit accurate and timely expense reports and ensure prompt reimbursement
● Coordinate, process, manage department purchase orders and maintain records
● Communicate with various vendors and colleagues regarding departmental needs
● Support other functional areas and members of the organization’s leadership team with special projects as needed.
● Provides event management support as requested
● Maintaining comprehensive contact list for the department
● Receives incoming communication or memos on behalf of senior staff, reviews contents to determine the importance, and summarizes and/or distributes contents to appropriate staff.
● Serve as an active member of the EA team, supporting other team members as needed.
● Serve as the key point of contact for the executive team
● Work with IT to maintain and update office phone lists, email distribution lists, and other similar systems.
● Ability to work independently, often under pressure/situations within a team environment.
● Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment to perform a variety of tasks.
● Extensive knowledge of office administration, clerical procedures
● Commitment to safe workplace goals and practices that ensure operational integrity, including compliance with all regulatory policies and procedures.
● Exceptional scheduling and calendar management skills (using gmail / google calendar)
● Experience booking and managing comprehensive travel itineraries for multiple executives.
● Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks in a timely fashion with little-to-no supervision
● Obsessively organized, efficient, and have superb attention to details.
● Possess outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, always acting poised, professional, articulate, and collected regardless of the situation.
● Strong problem solver - able to anticipate issues before they arise and proactively find/recommend solutions.
● Ability to learn quickly and maintain a high-performance level in a dynamic environment with shifting priorities.
● Dependable and consistent, take pride and ownership in work.
● Trustworthy - handle highly confidential/sensitive matters with discretion and tact.
● Ability to take and give feedback; consistently work to achieve better results.
● Ask a lot of questions, be curious, and have insights into your work.
● Be nimble, embrace the speed and ambiguity of startup culture.
● A passion for green chemistry and fighting climate change.
● Ability to self-manage and set your own priorities and schedule.
● Be comfortable working in multiple roles.
● Emphasize safety above all else.
● Respect for others.
● Creative problem solving.
● Willingness to learn and research new information technology/engineering/science concepts
● Bachelor’s degree; some college (preferred).
● Minimum of 5+ years of related experience working in an executive assistant role supporting multiple senior executives.
● An equivalent combination of education and experience may meet qualifications.
● Proficient in MS and Google suite applications.
● Flexible hours as dictated by the needs of business for projects and meetings.
Solugen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.